Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why I am Taking Japanese!

I first became interested in Japan and the Japanese culture at a very young age as a result of watching and loving shows such as Pokemon and Digimon, and later through reading まんが&あにめ such as, among others, neon genesis evangelion, fruits baskets, and .hack//Sign (the original) (.hack//Sign has amazing music--i want to make it my blog's soundtrack, but I can't figure out the music file (*´ο`*)=3 はふぅん, --if any one has any suggestions...), but i digress.
my じゅじつclass!
 Almost 5 years ago I joined a どじょ and began learning the classical Japanese martial art of じゅじつ, and from there my interest in the Japanese culture took off at top speed! I became more informed about and delighted by Japanese cuisine (Mochi, Onigiri, Sushi, Miso, Seaweed Salad, anything Red Bean paste=<3),
I discovered the vast superiority of Japanese stationary to that of its American counterpart (thank-you Mujii), and I discovered the fundamental truth that in Japan is cuter O(≧∇≦)O! I mean, seriously, look at that smiley?


The culmination of all of this is that I would love to study abroad in Japan, and, of course learn the Japanese language!
p(*^-^*)q

3 comments:

  1. haha, fruit basket!I once collected its OST~~~ but now they are missing...and I agree, Japanese products are amazing. I really glad that I can find MUJI in NYC though it is only about half the size of those in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. すごいいいですね。。。あなたのスミリファスはきれいです。
    じゃ、すみませn、Pikachu がすきくない。Vulpix は the best です。

    ReplyDelete
  3. はい Japanese smileys totally rock.

    lol Pokemon was the best! I never got into Digimon, it just seemed like it was trying to be Pokemon but not nearly as cool.

    Anyway, it's super late. じゃあまたあした!

    ReplyDelete